Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Les Mes

Ever since living with my 2 roommates, I've been excited to see Les Mes. We saw it once before in DC, but it wasn't so great. Months ago, we accidentally purchased the matinee tickets instead of the evening tickets, so Kristen wasn't able to go :( We missed her, but I felt like she was there in spirit. It was incredible. If it comes to a theatre near you, you must see it!!!

Les-Miserables.jpg



Oh, did I mention that President Monson even loves it (well I don't know if that's true...but he quoted it here:)


One of the longest-running musicals in history is Les Miserables. The story is set in the period of the French Revolution. The principal character in the musical is Jean Valjean. In his heartfelt concern for the young man, Marius, who is going off to battle, he expresses in song a sincere prayer:

God on high,
Hear my prayer;
In my need
You have always been there.
He is young,
He’s afraid;
Let him rest,
Heaven blessed.
Bring him home. …
Bring him peace,
Bring him joy.
He is young;
He is only a boy.
You can take,
You can give;
Let him be,
Let him live.
If I die, let me die,
Let him live.
Bring him home. 9


No comments: