Thursday, June 30, 2011

June: Week 3--Seattle


Two weeks ago, my roommate and I drove to Seattle to help clean out my grandparents house. If you know my grandma, you know that she had a TON of hobbies and she went all out when she selected one. She had a room full of scrapbook stuff, an attic full of ceramics, a place full of woodwork, dishes galore, etc. We went to help my mom and uncle undergo this huge task now that they've decided to rent out the house. It was an interesting week full of memories!

The dried out paint we hauled out of the attic. Yes, those are FULL trash cans that contain nothing but paint.
We went to Spud Fish and Chips. Apparently this is a tradition in my home (from living in Seattle/visiting Seattle). What I actually learned is that my parents made it a tradition to go there whenever I was not invited because I had never been in my life. Thanks, parents ;)
The giant totem pole. Taking Marge was kind of cool because she has a weird sense of taste (haha jk). I would've taken a sight seer to the Science Museum, Space needle, Mariners game, etc. Instead she wanted to see poles, bridges, trolls, and parks. I guess it was great for both of us because I saw things I had never heard about before...
Why my mom and Meggie are together in this picture and I am not invited is beyond me... ;)
Mama and I
Tree Hugger (haha get it? PS--I'm hoping these sweatered trees aren't supposed to symbolize something else...)
Pikes Place
Yes, we painted lines under our eyes with candle ash. However, please note this room. The two of us tore out the wall paper and painted it :) See below a few pictures.
We almost bought this for our engaged roommate Juls. However, after cleaning out so much crap, we vowed to never buy anything in our lives that wasn't either edible or clothing. I don't think I've broken that promise yet. Sadly, we made Juls a wedding count down chain with grandma's scrapbook paper instead of buying her random souvenir crap.
The Sound
Pretending to be an artist...

And then...DUH, DUH, DUH... My poor Charlie. We were going to see some random drawbridge and I was stopped at the light in the center lane. The left turn arrow flashed on and this car-carrying-semi side swiped me, cut through my car, and pulled us into the intersection. We followed him waiting for him to pull over, and it appeared that he would, but he didn't. He reversed and turned around (which is a little hard to do in a semi). This random man walked by our car, looked at the damage, made awkward eye contact, and ran up and hopped into the cab of the semi and DROVE OFF. At that time, we realized that they were not trying to find a large space to pull over, instead, they were ditching us. We called 911, who prompted us to pull over. Within 2 minutes, a cop found us and found the truck. The nice gentleman had me follow him to the other cop car where we identified the semi and filled out the police report. Wow. What a day! At this point, I have had my little rental car for 2 weeks and REALLY can't wait until my car is fixed.


Fremont troll. I had no clue this existed.
The finished room :) (Yes, you may now scroll up and compare it to the original room. Great progress, I know).
We stopped by the Boise, Idaho temple on the way home, snapped a quick picture, and were on our way. To make the trip just fitting, it rained the whole way home for us.

I learned a few things:
1. I'm allergic to Seattle
2. I love my family (already knew that)
3. NEVER put things in the attic
4. Garage sells don't work--just DI everything
5. Well...I'm sure they'll come to me :)

No comments: