Tuesday, May 24, 2011

MOAB



This weekend, our neighbors, Wade and Justin, organized such a great trip to Moab. It was filled with tons of "firsts."
It was my first trip with these ladies.
It was the first time I rented a bike.
It was the first time I slept in a 4 man tent with 7 girls. (Just for the record, Jenny and I had a great idea. We took Annie's blow-up mattress and put it in the back of Wades truck so we could sleep on it and have room to move. Well, as you know, the beds of trucks have the little seats that cover the wheels. So we let out the air so we could squish it down around it. This caused us to roll in toward the center and we were ultra close--but it was SOOOO much better! So here it is, the first time I slept under the stars.
First time I climbed a steep rock wall (ok...that's a lie. Didn't climb this.)
First time riding/falling off of a bike in the wilderness.
First time I rode a bike with 20 other ward members up a mountain.
First time getting sunburned this year...
First time falling off a cliff...
First time pulling someone else off a cliff...
First time meeting an adorable little French couple (were they a couple? Who knows?) on a cliff.
First time seeing (sort of) Delicate Arch...
First time hiking it with 30 others in pitch darkness...
First time watching the stars under the arch...
First time sleeping in a mummy bag (thanks Annie) on a blow up mattress (thanks Annie) in the back of a truck (thanks Wade) near obnoxious neighbors (thanks drunk people).

What a great trip!

2 comments:

Coralie said...

What a fun, fun weekend!

Carie said...

You and Jenny Madsen are cuddle buddies!! I love Jenny & I love you!! (I played tennis w/ Jenny in HS).
You 2 were meant to be friends, you're both hilarious and gorgeous! Looks like you had tons of fun!

Love you1