Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Quotable Quotes

Student sings "Bad boys, bad boys, whattcha gon' do, whattcha gon' do when they come for you..."

The following is this students little "stream of consciousness":

--Man, I used to love watching that show. I'd sit with my mom and watch it and think that I was just going to be the best cop in the world. sings Bad boys, bad boys, whattcha gon' do...
--
Wait! Oh my gosh! I used to sit talking about how I'd be a cop chasin' people, then I turned into the one bein' chased?! How'd that happen? I'd be the one seeing the cops 2-3 times a week. How'd that happen?
--Man! I should've run. I always just went up to them with my hands together for the hand cuffs. That was dumb.
--sings. Bad boys, bad boys, whattcha gon' do?...

This would've been a great time for me to teach an inspirational lesson...but we were all laughing too hard.

Then, this kid came into my next period. He was trying to send an email to the penpal I gave him in Germany but he said it wouldn't work, he just got a red box that said he couldn't send it. I figured he just typed something in the "CC" box. I assigned this girl to go help him (my student can't read or write past a kindergarten level). So he comes back into the room and I asked how it went. He said, "(Insert female name here), just told me to write the letters H-E-Y in the box." Trying not to smile I said, "oh perfect! I'm glad she was able to help you with that." We exchanged smiles (and eventually laughs) when we realized he couldn't send it because nothing was in the subject box and even more so that the letters "H-E-Y" spelled "Hey" and he didn't realize that.

I love my job.

No comments: