Sunday, May 15, 2011

Weekend Events



A few weeks ago, we bought season passes to some SLC attractions. I haven't used my pass until this weekend. We went to the Utah Blaze game. It was great! (Ok--well I was seriously STARVING the whole time so it took forever... but it was a fun experience).

Wade kicking field goals. Yep--you heard it, my friend was on the field kicking field goals. Pretty sweet. And, yes, we were this far away. Haha...
This is the group. Shad, Marge, Justin, Jenny, Ryan, Wade, and Jeff.
Afterwards, we ate at an adorable little waffle shop downtown. Yum :) We got waffles and fries and the guys got something called "the machine gun." You're creative. You can probably figure out why...
Our table :)
Don't forget Petunia the pig. Apparently it's a piggie bank for some museum. I put in a whole dime (thank you Jeff for the dime).
Then Jeff took us to the most random place I've seen in all my life. It's called Gilgal Gardens. Some artist displays his beliefs through religious art. I don't really get it but it was kind of cool (and moderately creepy at night...). Look closely. Yes--you see it. That is Joseph Smith's head on the Sphinx. I don't get it either...
This is a fuzzy picture, but it looks like Voldemort. There are all these scriptures around the place...
Today, after church, Ryan (and others) cooked us a gourmet meal! I love Sundays.
Marge, Tavin, Me, and Jenny

That's all for the eventful weekend. We're currently watching The Other Side of Heaven. Two and a half weeks of school left! I can hardly believe it! Summer--here I come!

3 comments:

Meggie said...

I'd like to point out that the SCULPTURE looks like Voldemort. Not me...I hope.

Brent and Mary Rose said...

Clayton and Amy are obsessed with that waffle shop!! Super yummy but a little pricey haha... More fun when someone else is treating :)

Andy and Cecy said...

Amber I just want you to know that I love you!! I love that you get to go to all these fun places!!