Saturday, March 10, 2012

Super Tuesday Party

You read it correctly. We had a Super Tuesday Party. And people came. Lots.

What is Super Tuesday? 
According to Wikipedia, "In the United States, Super Tuesday, in general, refers to the Tuesday in February or March of a presidential election year when the greatest number of states hold primary elections to select delegates to national conventions at which each party's presidential candidates are officially nominated. More delegates can be won on Super Tuesday than on any other single day of the primary calendar, and, accordingly, candidates seeking the presidency traditionally must do well on this day to secure their party's nomination."

What is a nerd?
According to Wikipedia, "Nerd is a derogatory slang term for a person typically described as intellectual, socially-impaired, and obsessive who spends inordinate amounts of time on unpopular, obscure, or highly technical pursuits, or relating to topics of fiction or fantasy, to the exclusion of more mainstream activities." See also, Amber Anderson. 

It's ok. I love it and WE love having parties. 

 I offered my students extra credit for watching the elections, then proceeded to tell them about the party we were having. They perked all up and were certain that they were getting an invite to my party for extra credit. I realized they were getting a little too excited and had to explain that they got extra credit for watching the news, NOT for coming to my home. They were a little hurt.
 The above flag belongs on my classroom wall. When they asked where it was (yeah, it's still hanging up at my house days later...) because all these posters are strategically posted around it and it's just missing, I automatically responded, "above my couch over Jesus." We should probably allow Him back into our living room. They won't let me live it down. Every day, "Miss Anderson, is our flag still covering up Jesus?" Whoops.

 We cast our own votes for the individual states.
 The results live.

We love America. I hope you do as well.

1 comment:

ann said...

Fun updates! You are beautiful. I love your Super Tuesday Party! We had one with our little family-- pizza and all. I did fail on the decorations and chocolate covered strawberries end, though... good idea! :) Hope all is well-- I need an update on your life. :)