Thursday, March 15, 2012

That's What Friends Are For

This morning, I woke up at 6:14. I am supposed to leave at 6:30. However, let's be honest, these events would have occurred had I gotten up on time. 

After unlocking the door to my classroom at 6:55 AM, I plopped into my desk, turned on my computer, and instinctively looked down at my calendar for my daily to-do-list. I'm a habitual list maker. The first thing on my list was POQ (Panther of the Quarter) Assembly. Crap. I'm a co-chair of that committee and thus required to give out the awards and welcome the school/parents/etc. I looked down and was startled to see RED SKINNIES. We work at a school where appearance is very highly appreciated--AKA--it's a little strict.

Suddenly, through the well-insulated wall made of carpet, I heard Poore's laugh. I jumped up and seiously RAN down the hall to Cynthia's room. I gasped when seeing her and covered my mouth in joy. She was wearing a skirt.

Our conversation went something like this:
Me: "Gasp!!!"
Cynthia and Poore: Blank stares
Me: Blank stare
Them: "Well?"
Me: "I don't want to interrupt"
Them: Blank stare
Me: "Can I wear your skirt? I'm in charge of the assembly"
Us: Wild laughter
Two minutes later in her closet, we emerged like this:

I'm surprised I fit into her stuff. SOOO lucky to have her and Cynthia to take this picture:)
We got lots of funny looks as we walked down the hall in different clothes than what we had started school in, and even funnier looks after changing back after the assembly. The assembly was televised so they had seen me "change."

I have the best co-workers EVER. Thanks, Poore. Saved my job. 

No comments: