Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A Day in the Life of a 9th Grade Teacher

Today, I assigned a religion research project. We went over the requirements and talked about the things the students needed to find. Examples included the founder, basic beliefs, sacred text, etc. When I said, "sacred site." I got an emphatic, "Website?" "Really?" I laughed. "Oh, you're serious. Sorry. No, like mosque, synagogue, etc." Oh, girls...

That reminds me. A few days ago, a student asked "Miss. Anderson, can I be excused?" I thought "why? Are you dying? Just want to go hang out in the hall? Bloody nose?" This came out verbally as, "huh?" He responded, "Can I be excused?" I said, "Why?" He said, in all seriousness, with no embarrassment, "Because I'm going to fart." Really? I mean, I am grateful that he asked, but it was just adorable...

No comments: