Monday, January 2, 2012

Christmas at the Beach

For Christmas, I was able to go to the beach to visit my parents. What a great time it was! I love spending time with my parents (unfortunately, I was stressed studying for the GRE and didn't spend as much as I'd have liked...) and relaxing. Christmas Eve, we woke up and ventured down Main Street. It was a little walk from their house and so nice to be outside in 70 degree weather after experiencing Utah's winter. We enjoyed watching surfers, shopped a bit, the parents took me to their traditional Saturday morning hot spot--Woody's, my dad forced me to get a flu shot (on Christmas Eve!!), watched Christmas movies, and enjoyed delicious food. All these were done by the fire of course. Who doesn't need a fire in California? 
Here are some pictures from our stroll.



One highlight was talking to my brother, Sheldon. He is serving an LDS mission in Argentina and our family only speaks to him once a year. It was great to hear his voice. He seems to be doing well and will be coming home in 2 months. I can't believe it! It was great to be home with my parents! I can't believe it is already January!

No comments: