Sunday, December 25, 2011

The Reason


I love Christmastime. I love the lights, glitter, and family time. I love shopping for gifts, Christmas parties, and building gingerbread houses. I love decorating the tree and listening to Christmas music. I enjoy watching the same Christmas movies year-by-year and participating in the annual traditions. I think I get just as excited as a little kid each time I pass by a beautifully lit home. I love Christmas. I hope that I love Christmas because I understand the meaning behind our holiday. In reality, I know I forget Him, or at least to thank Him. 

I love my Savior, Jesus Christ. I am grateful for His miraculous birth, His perfect life, His atoning sacrifice and death on the cross, and His glorious resurrection three days later. I know He is my Redeemer, my Savior. I know that through Him, I can be forgiven for my sins and, eventually, return to live with Him again. I am grateful for the knowledge I have and hope to better remember Him a little more in the upcoming 364 days. 













Merry Christmas! 

No comments: