Saturday, December 24, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

I love Thanksgiving. It is a great season to be grateful and it introduces the Christmas season which I love. This year, we were fortunate enough to go to my Aunt Caroline and Uncle Arnell's house in Hollister and be with their perfect little family. (Apparently, I am not entertaining enough for my parents with Sheldon away on his LDS mission). I love that we were able to go stay with them, as we don't see them very often. They were the best hosts! 
 Kylii and Kamryn at the Spanish Mission in San Juan Baptista (maybe? Can't really remember).

 Adorable Kamryn
 Not so sure what's happening here, but I couldn't pass it up. 
 Kamryn, Mom, and me. You might notice that Caroline, Berlin, and the boys are missing (Kylii was taking the picture). Poor Berlin started throwing up and Caroline was taking care of her. The guys decided to go golfing instead of sight seeing...men. ;)

Beautiful Kylii posing for her fb picture. 

 Take 457 of Kamryn and I after our trip. That night, both Kylii and I got sick. Disaster.
Caroline and I cut up probably 40 old EFY shirts. She is going to save me from being domestic and assemble them in a quilt. I am so grateful!

We had a wonderful trip to northern California. It was a great break from the cold and fun to meet my parents. I am so grateful for them. I also experienced Black Friday for the first time. It is infinitely more inviting to go Black Friday shopping at 12AM than at 4AM, so we did! I'll always remember those memories at Old Navy (line was too long to even pretend like we would wait in it), Nike, and a few other stores. Also, I learned a very important life lesson. McDonald's doesn't sell fries at 3AM. Noted for future reference.

No comments: