Wednesday, September 21, 2011

This is Humility

Well, this is how I learned about humility this week. Note to self: If you are an annoying BYU fan to your students/faculty, they will, in return, be annoying U fans when the U creams BYU. Duly noted. 

This is what I sent out to the whole faculty:

Dear teachers,

(My principal) asked me to send this to all of you. She left it out of collaboration on accident. It should’ve been inserted into the agenda after going over the “Norms.” It correlates directly to all of the Edmodo stuff I presented last week. You don’t want to miss it!

Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dflMnmCCZk
(Make sure your volume is turned on, and yes it is appropriate to watch with all of your students in the room...)

Much love,
Amber


This is what I got in my inbox in return:
--YOU MAKE ME SMILE!!!!!  
--That was the year that BYU went to the BCS, wasn’t it?  Oh wait.  They haven’t been to a BCS bowl, have they?! GO UTES!!!!  
-- Lol…. You're a brat… hahaha… So funny… even though I'm a UTE!!!
--Very clever - has the facade of something "official," but really, it is a jab at the Utah fans  

And the worst response of them all:
 Yep--the score. They certainly aren't letting me forget it. 

1 comment:

Mindy said...

I think your co-workers and I would get along just fine. :)