Monday, September 26, 2011

A Surprise Visitor

Well, school has started and on this blog that means less pictures and more funny stories. So, here is one for you.

At my school, I have a "special" assignment. I have more of the at-risk kids. I was responding to an email while my student teacher was teaching and I saw a warm body moving towards me from the door entrance. By the time I realized who it was, this student was already moving in for a hug. I slapped my hand over my mouth to keep from squealing (and dodged the full on hug) and guided him out into the hall. Then I just gushed over him. About 4 minutes into our conversation that went something like this, "Are you being good? Are you sure? Are you lying to me? Do you promise? I'm so proud of you. I can trust you, right? I'm so happy!" I realized that he was WET. Yes, wet. At first, I thought it was just sweat (which accounted for the dripping moisture from his face) but then, I realized he had a wet line across his chest. I asked how he was wet.

OH, don't worry! He swam across the canal to get to the middle school. He was sweaty because he ran the remainder of the way from the canal to the school. THEN, he had to swim back across the canal to get back to the high school.

Where do you get stories like these?

Today, I also taught that "damn" is a cuss word. I also responded to the question, "Why is North Dakota above South Dakota." Yep, 9th grade, ladies and gentleman. They'll be on the road in a few short months. For some reason, I just adore them.


3 comments:

The Moore's said...

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha :)

ann said...

I love it. You have a student teacher!? That is a lucky student. And you are all grown up. :)

Mari Kjar said...

love your stories!