Saturday, September 17, 2011

Teaching: Take 3

Here we go again! It's time to begin school. This summer seriously flew by, but it's great to have structure and accomplishment again in life. Here is to year 3!  


 This is my class room. It's an older school, but I just love it. Please note the 1930's fill-up-water swamp cooler in the back of my room (Thanks, Anne!!!) My school doesn't have AC (nor does it have outlets on 1/2 of the walls, which means there are some pretty sweet extension cords running along the back of the room...) but it allows us to get the job done just fine.
 Please note the 6 columns on the calendar on my board. That's right, I teach SIX subjects this year (but might drop one of them...). Also, please notice my sweet Dumbledore quote that James put on my wall.


 My BYU wall meets the Wall of the Unknown Student. That's where my no name papers get thrown.


The first day of school, my students drew continents on oranges and then we peeled them and drew maps based on what they saw to teach inaccurate map projections. They were a hoot.

I love my students. It should be an entertaining year! The crazy stories are flowing all ready.

No comments: