Thursday, October 13, 2011

Christy's Wedding



 Last weekend, I flew to Seal Beach to visit my parents and go to my friend, Christy's, wedding. We work together and since we began have been really close friends.  We've shared dating stories (and dates...) and jobs (EFY, Journey), and lesson plans (A LOT).

I just love my parents. They are fun to be around and so generous. Example--I mentioned that I loved Costco mangos and what happens? My dad comes home with 3 bags of them for me to pack home. Example 2--my mom thinks that my pencil skirt isn't fancy enough for the wedding, so she took me shopping. Example 3--they let me leave my "bed" AKA the floor, and climb in to their bed after dad left for work. Great people, those parents. My mom even went to the temple with me and waited while I went into the sealing so I wouldn't have to drive there alone. I'm lucky. ]


Here is my beautiful mom outside the Newport Beach temple.




That night, I ventured out in my moms car and went to the reception. It was truly beautiful. She looked gorgeous and they are just so happy. I just adore them and think they are the perfect couple. Here are a few shots I took (and instagramed). I can't wait until she gets back to my faculty lunch room table!

2 comments:

Simonds Family said...

You are pretty darn gorgeous yourself, lady! Ahhh...California.

ann said...

Tell Christy congrats! She looks so great and happy! I love her dress. And you look fabulous as well! I had a dream two nights ago that you were really mad at me because I wasn't a BYU fan. It was a really sad dream. I hope we can still be friends. ;)