Sunday, February 6, 2011

Christmas 2010

This Christmas was very different than all the rest. My brother, Sheldon, is serving an LDS mission in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Since he is my only sibling, Christmas was very different! My parents and I went on lots of adventures. We went to Hollywood (with hopes of seeing West Side Story--but it was a bit pricy for our taste), the Long Beach Playhouse, watched TONS of movies, ate at many restaurants, and just enjoyed each others company. Since they just moved to LB and live in an apartment, I got the privilege of sleeping on the couch. Next time, I will take one of those eye cover things. Not the most comfortable place, but spending time with my parents was well worth the sacrifice.

We were really excited for Sheldon to call. Missionaries are only able to call on Mother's Day and Christmas, though they do email weekly. It was stressful waiting for his call. You see, he called from a member's home and told us to call him back. Turns out, we aren't too savvy on calling other countries, so we didn't really know what to do/the number he gave us was slightly wrong (minor detail). All in all, when we finally talked to him, it was wonderful to hear his voice. Turns out, I really love him. I'm so proud of the decisions he is making and I know we are being blessed for his sacrifice. I also know the Lord is taking care of him and blessing him for his desire to put his life on hold to serve Him.

Well, enough about Sheldon. This is what he missed:

The little apartment front room. Also, functioned as my bedroom for the week.
My parents decided to spoil me while Sheldon was gone. This is a computer. My parents are hilarious. My mom thought it would be funny if she decorated a Cheerios box so she went online and printed off pictures of a Macbook Pro and glued them on the box. Not to worry, she left Cheerios in there (half-eaten, mind you).
I also got a Kitchen Aid mixer attachment for ice cream making. It was my grandma's wish to buy us all Kitchen Aid's for our wedding gift. Well, I didn't get married while she was alive. My mom decided to continue the tradition, however, she couldn't wait. She lost hope in my marriageability and now I enjoy a beautiful Kitchen Aide mixer. :) Can't wait to use this little gadget.
The real deal. (PS--I bought a portion of this, before you all think I'm ridiculously spoiled. Which I probably am.)

My parents speaking to the golden child.
I cried. They were so generous.

2 comments:

The Moore's said...

how on earth did santa come when you were sleeping in the room with the tree...

ann said...

I love the Cheerio Box!
Merry Christmas!