Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Good Times in the Classroom

Quotable quotes. My 7th period class is HILARIOUS. I can't handle them.

When I was plugging up the projector this kid starts humming the chicken dance. The class prepared for me to rebuke him when he gets to the clapping part. Instead, three of us just clapped and then kept on going just like normal. All the kids had shifty eyes. It was funny.

Then, between student PowerPoint presentations I forgot to click a button. I asked someone to do it since I was in the back of the class grading their presentation. I must have muttered "I'll be lazy, I have heels on." After the presentation finished, I walked to the front of the class and someone muttered, something. I said, "Sorry, I can't understand you." My kid from Africa said, "She can't understand you, she's wearing heels." It was SO funny. We all died laughing. Then, to make things better, one of my other entertaining said, "Wait! Wait! I missed it! What'd he say?" The same kid replied, "Your face." Welcome to life as a 9th grade teacher... It is true. I am beginning to laugh at "your face" quotes.

No comments: