Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Extra Credit

At the end of every term I give an extra credit assignment. This time, they had two options. We've been studying Latin America so they could bring a Latin American food to share with the recipe and an interesting fact OR interview someone who lived a Latin American country.

Most students brought flan, Mexican cookies, burritos, etc.

But not one. Chicken feet. YES. Chicken feet. I imagine my position is similar to that of a missionary. If someone prepares it for you, you must eat. Right?

Well he brought chicken feet. Do you understand? Chicken feet.

The students were freaking out. They still had toes (talons? what are they?). Someone said they found a beak. I'm not sure how much of a reputable source he is though...

Anyways, crazy day.

Oh, also, someone brought a Venezuelan shrimp dish. Who would've known, boys can cook.

(oh, and they ran out of chicken feet before they got to me. Whew.)

1 comment:

Maren said...

They like chicken feet in China too. I tried it once because the chef specifically asked to make it for us since it was her "specialty"...can't exactly say no to that. I didn't mind the taste but joints should not be bending as you're trying to eat around them! Therefore Patrick ate most of mine. And all of my mom's.