Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Day 10: Humor

I love laughing. I love when others laugh. As a matter of fact, that's why my students have officially and completely won me over. I can't help but laugh at them. For instance, see the following example:

7th Period. My class room. Discussion on--actually, I can't even figure out how we got to this subject (reminds me of Ms. Massey in high school. We'd always get her off topic).

Me: (we were talking about a hybrid of instruments from Latin America that have been blended to create new instruments. One was made out of an armadillo. I told them that my brother, in Argentina, ate an armadillo and that he said it tasted like a blend of chicken and fish).
Student 1: Chicken and fish?! Gross!
Student 2: Dude. Chicken and fish? How can he tell the difference? They are both poultry.
Student 3-31ish: giggle. really? huh? what'd he say?
Me: (laughter) really?
Student 2: Why are you laughing? Aren't chicken and fish both poultry?
Student 4: Man! Poultry are birds.
Student 2: Yeah! So fish and chicken are......OHHHHhhhhh...Wait! They're both white
(discussion continues)
Me: I'm so glad I have you in my class. Just think of all the entertaining things you've said this year. (We then proceeded to go over all of his funny moments. Oh wow.)

Funny story #2
My cousin Marisa is staying with me. I had a White Elephant party tonight. She came up with the GREATEST idea in the world. Buy batteries. Take out the batteries. Put in a slip of paper that says, "batteries not included." So, today, the girl who got my gift didn't even laugh. So I thought maybe she didn't get it. Somehow we ended up showing the thing to the gift and I just seriously thought it was the funniest thing in the world and COULDN'T stop laughing. Oh man. Batteries not included. Battery wrapper. Get it?

1 comment:

ann said...

One time my friends made a giant hair ball and wrapped it up for a white elephant gift... and as funny as we thought it was, it was not well received, either! Ah, the memories. I would have like the battery pack. In fact, I am going to file that away for a future idea. Thanks! :)

Check your email and facebook-- I have sent you some messages!