Tuesday, June 8, 2010

My First Year of Teaching

Well, my first year of teaching has come to a close. It is really amazing to think about how close we've become. I've really come to love and trust them. I've enjoyed getting to know their personalities. I've laughed with them (a lot...) and cried with them. I'm sad to see most of them move up to the high school and I might or might not have given them all a mushy "I love you/pep talk" the last day of school. Some might think I'm just a crazy first year teacher--but I can't imagine not feeling this way after a group of them leave. They are good kids, with good hearts. I will truly miss them.
6th Period. This class sure had an "interesting" dynamic and it took me a while to get used to them. They were always entertaining--to say the least.

5th period. No clue where the other 20 students are. They were always trying to teach me to "jerk". haha--I just saw that a student recorded it. I'll insert it. Welcome to a day in Miss. Anderson's room...

I wish I could say this was the first time they showed me, but I honestly couldn't get it. When you see me disappear to my computer, I am looking up "We Like to Party" so I could teach them PB&J (an EFY line dance...). Haha--they are SO funny.

Well there you have it, my first year (except Advisory and 3rd period). I learned to not take pictures the last week of school, because no one shows up. There are my 250+ students that I will really miss!

On to EFY! (And Panama, next week!!!)

2 comments:

ann said...

I love so many of those kids. I think that your sixth period has many of my favorites. Oh. This post made me really miss it! But not as much as I love my little guy.
Panama!! Jealous!
EFY will be wonderful. We should have a teacher BBQ or something this summer. Or just double. :)

Linze Kate said...

SO awesome! Are you teaching there again next year then?
Enjoy the the EFY train for the summer!!!
*muah*