Tuesday, March 2, 2010

February and March--Resolutions Update

1. Have one meaningful conversation with a student daily.
--This is making all the difference. I even started tutoring grandsons of my friend Betty and I'm also tutoring a student who is on a 45 suspension for possession. These are helping this whole "meaningful conversation" thing.

2. Write Sheldon weekly.
--Well, he still hasn't left yet. He leaves in 8 days. CRAZY!!! I did get to go home to hear him speak in church. He was wonderful.

3. Pay off my Student Loan (only $550 left!) and Charlie the Civic ($3500, goo.)
--Student loan. Check.
--Car payment. $3000. Slow and steady wins the race.
--Oh, and $700 tires are now added to the list. $400 to go.

4. Vocal evening prayer
--check, unless I've been around people.

5. Leave the country (just for a week or so...). I got my passport, finally :)
--not yet. But i'm planning an emergency trip to cross the Canadian border just in case I don't have time for another trip. Any takers?

6. 100% Visiting Teaching
--partial check

7. Let myself fall for someone (hmmmm...)
--never a check

8. Attend the temple monthly
--check

9. read a book a month.
Jan--Long Walk to Freedom, Left to Tell
Feb--Speak (new favorite, thanks Kristen), Uglies (again, Kristen...)

4 comments:

Kasey said...

i'm in for canada :)

Lisa said...

I've ALWAYS wanted to go to Canada! And it just happens that I already have a passport! And I need to see you and catch up! It has been WAY too long!!!

Carie said...

Can we bring a million card board boxes on this trip and cram you in the back seat with them? If so, I'm in. If not, I'm still in.

Linze Kate said...

About leaving the country... I think Europe is calling your name this summer (or whenever). You'd have a free place to stay...? :)

Miss your face! I'm glad things are going well for the most part!
*muah*

P.S. LOVED the quote from the entry above - haha!