Saturday, March 13, 2010

Tsunami Watch

Two weekends ago, I got to travel home to Apple Valley, CA to see my brother, Sheldon give his farewell talk in church. He did a really great job and we had some adventures.

Grandma, Aunt Shawna, Jacelyn, Aunt Dalea, Uncle Brian, Cecy and I packed up Friday afternoon and prepared for the 8 hour drive. Cecy and I were in the back seat and I seriously thought my legs were going to fall off in pain. Luckily, we had some stops to stretch out. OH! I gambled for my first time! Hahaha--why you ask? Because Grandma convinced me too...
Haha--she gave me a money and told me to do it. It wasn't very fun. I won't boast at my earnings. I more than doubled the amount I put in :) hahahaha. oh man. Ok, ok. I got $2.50 back. Big spender, I know.

Well, Saturday Morning, we woke up to a tsunami watch. The earthquake in Chile had just happened and we were driving to the Santa Monica Peir. The weather was so gross... but we had a good time.
This is Sheldon and I at the end of the Route 66 trail.
On Forest's, AKA Bubba, Gump's bench.
Sheldon and I reinacted the Titanic. Classic.
Family photo on the Peir. And the rain begins...
We ran. And got SOAKED.
Dad and me

At the LA Temple. Notice Sheldon's new BRIGHT ORANGE SHIRT. He was a little soggy and got a new shirt as payment.
Everyone at the LA Temple.
Sheldon had friends (yes, friends) come. They're going to live together when they get home from their missions. Cute boys. THey are all currently at BYU-I and drove down for the weekend so they could see Sheldon (Shelly, they call him) speak in church.
Classic Family photos...

With Grandma :)

I'm so proud of Sheldon and the decision he made, years ago, to serve the Lord on a mission. I know that he will be blessed for his service. The people of Buenos Aires, Argentina will truly be blessed to learn from him--and he will definitely learn a TON from them. Godspeed, Elder Anderson!

2 comments:

ann said...

I think it is fabulous how close you and your brother are. When my brother (2 years older than I)left on his mission, there was much rejoicing. Of course, it meant that I got his car and the basement to myself. Regardless, we were both excited to spend some time apart. :)

If Shelly is anything like you, he'll be an awesome missionary!

Maren said...

Why are you so cute?