Friday, August 19, 2011

I Love to See the Temple

Let's begin by saying that I have the most wonderful family. They support me through everything. My parents, grandma, aunts, uncles and cousins really have taken me under their wings and always been so loving and kind. I am so lucky.

Last month, we all went to the temple together. Some of my best friends also were able to come! I am really disappointed that I didn't get a picture of all of us together (Coralie, Jan, Mary Rose, Sarah, and Lisa). They really are the greatest friends that I could ever ask for and I am just so lucky to have them. I adore them and relish in our great, insightful talks.

I had a really great experience at the temple and love the peace I feel as I enter. The peace I feel reminds me that all things testify of Christ. We are so lucky to know that we have a purpose and that we can do hard things.
Coralie and I (we met 10 years ago!!! Happy Anniversary :))
My beautiful mother who joined me from southern California. We had a grand time--sharing a room, shopping, frozen yogurt at night, and driving around SLC on a warm summer evening.
My sweet grandma and mama.

This basically sums up my experience:

I love to see the temple.
I'm going there someday
To feel the Holy Spirit,
To listen and to pray.

--------------------------------------…

For the temple is a house of God,
A place of love and beauty.
I'll prepare myself while I am young;
This is my sacred duty.

--------------------------------------…

I love to see the temple.
I'll go inside someday.
I'll cov'nant with my Father;
I'll promise to obey.

--------------------------------------…

For the temple is a holy place
Where we are sealed together.
As a child of God,
I've learned this truth;
A fam'ly is forever.

My adorable family--Cecy, Jay, Marisa, Dalea, Grandma, Andrea, and Lorie
This one is just hilarious.

Madre at the Capitol

2 comments:

Coralie said...

Happy Anniversary to us! YAY! :)

Love you! So glad I got to be there for your special day!

Lisa said...

I'm so happy for you Amber! It looks like you had a wonderful day! Happy back to school time too!