Friday, August 19, 2011

Hawaii 2011

Allloooohhhhaaaaa!!! Last week, I was fortunate enough to travel to Hawaii with my parents, grandma and aunt and uncle. I flew over separately and I am so fortunate that I was able to go! I guess that is a perk of being the only cousin over the age of 20 that is single ;) Here are some pictures of our adventures...
Dad and I at the resort
The USS Arizona
We Can Do It! WWII propaganda.
Flag at the Arizona
Inside the Bowfin Submarine

I know, there is a thumb, but it's still better than the non-thumb picture
Dalea and Brian


This bronze plaque is where WWII was ended aboard the USS Missouri in Tokyo BayBig Guns
Picturesque
The shrimp truck (this would be a great time to mention that I don't like shrimp)
The arm extended is for dear brother, Sheldon. He's on his mish in Argentina.
Tahitian Dancers
Making fire. Well attempting to make fire. I couldn't even make smoke.
On the boat with tour guide, Brendan.

The parents
THE face of the PCC


Cute little grandma
The parents dancing in celebration of their anniversary
Dalea and Brian doing the same
Grrrr...
Soakin' up some rays!
Dole Plantation
Pineapples grow on plants. NOT trees.
My parents brought this shirt home to Sheldon the first time they went to Hawaii. He hates pineapples. This time, they bought him a new one and me one as well :)

Late night Phase 10 in the lobby--one of the best parts of the trip I might add.
The little swimmers
The non-swimmers
hanging with G-2-da-ma while everyone else had to sit in a time share meeting.
The happy pineapple



mom made me do approximately 42 cartwheels to get this picture. My pants ripped :(
View from the Poly something highway look off
I love this quote. It is a quote that President Lincoln wrote to a woman who lost 5 sons in the Civil War. it says, "The solemn pride that must be yours to have laid so costly a sacrifice upon the alter of freedom."


The trip was a great success and we created great memories! I'm grateful for Kristen and her family who showed me the ways the last time I went :) I'm so lucky to have such a great family!! Thanks, Mom and Dad!! Love ya'll!

1 comment:

Linze Kate said...

First, I'm SO jealous! Out of all my travels Hawaii is by far my favorite. It's so gorgeous there and there's so much to see. Love it!
Second, WAY cute swimsuit, girl!
Third, miss your face. I hope the new school year is treating you well!
*muah*