Saturday, October 13, 2012

Germany: Day 13

 The trip wrapped up all too quickly. I certainly met some wonderful people while I was there. Honestly, they were my favorite part.


 We visited the German government building.
 These are all the people who served in the Bundestag overtime.
 Hitler's box was blacked out.
 This was funny because the FDP is one of the most liberal parties ever imaginable. I was the one chosen out of our group to pose there. If you know our group...I was the absolute farthest from actually representing the FDP's platform.
 Group shot in the Bundestag's main room.

 The German Holocaust Memorial

 A portion of the Berlin Wall which was removed so people could get a sense of how tall it was.
 The Wall





 We had a free day. Most people went museum hopping but we were certainly museumed out. Ryan, Karen, and I walked to the Wall and returned and basked in the sunlight of Museum Island. It was beautiful.
 Our tour leader, Jim. We gave him an Ampleman soccer ball.
 This pretty much sums up what I drank during the entire Germany trip. Still Vassa. Boy did I miss tap water...
 and I ate way, way, way too much dessert. I can certainly translate my German dessert items now though!!

No comments: