Sunday, December 7, 2008

Thankful


I really am blessed. Sometimes it takes really hard times or really great times to recognize this. These past few weeks have been really difficult for me. So many life changing decisions have decided to pop out of the woodwork. I'm grateful for such incredible friends and roommates who have helped me through the process of doubt and fear. Life really is great.

Last week, I went to the McKay School Scholarship Office to see about receiving a loan. I'll be going to Washington, DC next semester to student teach and we do not get paid. I've worked my entire college career and I just didn't know what I would do with tuition, a car payment, rent, travel, etc. I asked what I needed to do to receive a loan. He said that my application was lost and asked me to tell him about myself. I told him I am from Georgia but my family lives in California. All of a sudden he started frantically typing. A few minutes later, he handed me a form showing that I had received $2,040 to cover tuition. Apparently, there is a non-LDS benefactor who gives money to California students in the education program. I honestly could not believe it. I was floored. I still needed to figure out how to cover rent and travel expenses, so I asked about a loan again. He said there was no funding. I jokingly asked if it was too late to apply for this semester. He said it wasn't! He awarded me an additional $2,040 for tuition this semester that will be refunded to my account. Then I can use it for rent! I cannot even believe how fortunate I am.

Here are some other things I am grateful for...




Whoever you are, thank you so much for your generosity. I owe so much to you. Thank you. Thank you.

3 comments:

Andy and Cecy said...

It was so good to see you tonight, even though it wasn't for very long. I don't know what your plans are and if you are coming up here before you head back to California.. If you don't just know I love you!! I hope you have so much fun student teaching. I am so excited for you!! Love you.

Caroline said...

I couldn't read the font on your blog but your mom told me about the scholarship you received. That is so neat! What an awesome story. You must be living right. We're really proud of you!

Laura Chapman said...

That is such a blessing! You deserve it!!! I hope you have so much fun in DC but I am going to miss you around here SOOOO MUCH!!!