Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Another Semester Gone...



Today was the last day of classes! I cannot believe it. I feel that this semester went by considerably slower. I am not sure why, but it might be because it is still cold. Yesterday, it reached 80 degrees and today it snowed--yes, SNOWED!! I could not believe it. It is hard to believe that I am 3/4 of the way done with college. It seems like just yesterday I was graduating at Lee County, saying bye to all of my high school friends, and driving across the country to California with my family. It is crazy to think how quickly time goes. It is also amazing to me how life changes, but it is always for the best. Leaving high school, I didn't think life could get much better. A small town like Leesburg, Georgia allows everyone to know eachother and be known. While this did have its consequences, it was great to know people at all the time. Lately, BYU has been this way as well. With so many connections from past wards, EFY, BYUSA, California, and Georgia, it is great to know so many amazing people. With this always comes a feeling of inadequacy...but what a great feeling this is! THe opportunity to continue to work and better myself so that one day I will be able to better serve my family and loved ones. Isn't that what life is all about? Stealing others ideas and implementing them into our own lives :)

Well, to stop rambling, another semester is gone. It has been a great semester with no regrets--mostly. Of course, there will always be the assignments I should have spent more time on and people I should have spent more time with--but if we did everything right all the time, we would never have a need to improve, which is the purpose of life on this earth.

How greatful I am to be at BYU. A campus that allows so much independence, yet can secretly unite thousands of people in a "freeze mob" thanks to the workings of facebook. A place where people take pride in following the teachings of the Savior, Jesus Christ, and show this in the way they live their lives. I'm glad I can be at BYU and i'm excited to keep working to improve myself :) Happy Spring! I hope it doesn't snow wherever you live...and may this be a productive reading day!

(This is how we spent our last reading day)

No comments: